Department: Commercial Dept
The role has responsibility for generating revenue and developing the profitability of typically existing book of business generated by Account and Service Executives, whilst ensuring full FCA compliance in all aspects of commercial insurance. Ensuring a quality service is provided to all clients in accordance with their needs and requirements.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure accuracy, efficiency and professionalism when dealing with both client and insurer and conducting related administration work:
- New business
- Mid Term Adjustments
- Premium financing arrangements
- Cover note issuance
- Ensure all business activity fully complies with FCA regulation and company procedures as detailed in the compliance manual – use checklists and support documentation as provided by the company to assist with demonstrating compliance.
- Handle any complaints in accordance with company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct learning, training and assessment exercises in accordance with the individual T&C scheme applicable to you. Identify further areas for own development as required.
- Achieve and maintain a high level of customer service and promote exceptional customer care standards at all times.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with all clients and provide expert product advice and guidance
- Actively secure renewal business by re-broking existing business to ensure the client is presented with the most suitable and cost effective cover.
- Promote and increase the use of in house premium finance, from insurer schemes.
- Support the Account and Service Executives with duties where required.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Ensure all Key Performance Indicators are achieved and are attained compliantly with FCA regulation
- Be aware of the contents of the company’s Compliance Manual and ensure a full understanding of the following chapters, as a direct relation to the role. Ensure full compliance to the procedures contained within the Manual:
- Commercial business
- Consumer business (if applicable)
- Consumer Credit
- General conduct of business
- Training and Competence
- Conflicts of Interest
- Whistle Blowing
- Financial Crime
- Data Security
- Record Keeping
- Vulnerable Consumers
- Ensure compliance to the company’s employment policies and procedures as contained within the Employee Handbook.
- Ensure all other company practices and procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Where appropriate take responsibility for meeting the reporting requirements of the FCA
- Where required ensure staff are adhering to FCA compliance. Perform regular file and sales audits.
Treating Customers Fairly:
- All employees are responsible for engaging with the senior management of the firm in ensuring that our customers are consistently treated fairly and for observing all of the firm’s TCF procedures.
- Attend supervision sessions, team and management meetings as appropriate.
- Attend in house training and external training courses as agreed.
- Develop and maintain effective and valuable relationships with insurers and underwriters for the benefit of the company and its clients.
- Comply with the administration requirement of any given insurer.
- Assimilate all company literature circulated by the firm or its agencies.
- Report any potential breaches, including weaknesses in current systems, to [Line Manager].
- Ensure personal data (client and employee) is secure, held and properly utilised in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act.
- Work at all times within strict confidentiality guidelines and the principals of the Data Protection Act (1998)
- Prioritise all client communication and ensure it is actioned in a timely way and in accordance with company procedures.
- Maintain all computer and paper files in accordance with company standards (which should be fully compliant with FCA).
- Ensure the Health and Safety manual is followed and the office is kept clear and presentable, clear of obstructions at all times, ensuring that all deliveries, parcels, post and messages are given to the appropriate person promptly.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by your line manager.
|1. Knowledge / experience
|Working knowledge of most commercial insurance products
Experience of working as an Account Handler in a similar broking environment
Experience of working to high standards of FCA compliance
|2. Skills / ability
|Attention to detail
Building strong relationships with e.g. clients, insurers etc
I.T. skills including use of an insurance IT system e.g. Acturis and Microsoft products
|3. Qualification / education / training
|Willingness to work towards Cert CII
|Cert CII qualified
|4. Other requirements
|Evidence of CPD records
The above list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and you are obliged to agree within reason to undertake other duties over and above those listed.
This job description may be reviewed and subsequently amended to better reflect any changes in the role.